Monday, August 2, 2010

More about pigs...

It's a little embarrassing talking about the pigs again - but there is always so much to report! I guess my kids are pretty boring - and I don't have any grandchildren to talk about. Henry's sister, Gladys, joined our family on Father's Day. I guess that was well over a month ago. They get along very well and wander around the yard most of the day. Gladys thinks she is a dog and likes to go up on the front porch and walk into the living room. The other day we were sitting on the couch and she walked in and plopped down on the area rug and rolled over on her side for a belly rub. It was one thing bottle feeding a runt in the house - but I do draw the line at hogs wandering through. Well, at least I try! (She also sneaks in the back door and eats the cat food as fast as she can.) When the FedX truck comes, the dogs and the pigs run up to the gate for a dog biscuit. Not sure how we are going to transition from yard pets into farm animals (and then....bacon.)

1 comment: