Sunday, June 28, 2009

On Dying

Seems like a lot of people are dying these days. The latest is the "Oxy Man". I don't even watch TV and I know who he is. And only 50. Sobering, really. Victoria worked this morning at the home of an elderly woman for the last time. This sweet lady has been a pleasure for Victoria to care for, but today her body was shutting down in the final stages of life. My daughter actually requested an extra shift (after working 24 hours for someone else) so she could see this woman one more time. With tears in her eyes Victoria told me how "Lily" looked right at her and squeezed her hand. Victoria told her goodbye and that she would see her in heaven. And then cried. And cried. This is not a job that a lot of people would want. I am very proud of my girl.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of Victoria... she is a caring, compassionate care giver!

    ReplyDelete