Thursday, September 24, 2009

Changes

Fall is in the air...feels like change. Maybe its some old instinct we have to squirrel away food and hunker down for the winter. For some reason I feel compelled to do something with every growing thing that our lush property produces! Right now its apples. Before that - blackberries. I have however, learned to ignore the crabapples. They are just like decorations on the tree. So - apple pies, apple sauce, sliced frozen apples, dehydrated apple rings have been keeping me and a couple of the girls busy for the past few days. There are changes in our family too. Elizabeth and Daniel are an old married couple of one year! Victoria is getting married in 3 months!! Alexandra is living in Oregon and going to college. I miss my big girls. The boys are going to high school full time - and involved in some extra activities that keep them out longer. Some days it's just me and my two "little" girls. Who aren't so little anymore - 12 and 8. It doesn't seem very long ago at all that my days were a whirlwind of diaper changes, couting the hours til naptime, and Barney videos. Back in the day - buying the giant box of diapers at Costco seemed like a big expense! Boy - kids are expensive I'd think. HA. Now, kid expenses include private school, college, weddings and car insurance - to name only a few. But, you know - its all good. We are rich!! Rich in family, love, a home, good friends - those are the riches that matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment