Monday, September 21, 2009

Toilet Paper Boy

When Victoria was 9, a family from Tennessee stayed with us for a couple of days. Their youngest son was 11 and the kids seemed to have a good time playing together. Well, many years later I found out that he wrote on a piece of toilet paper "can I have a kiss on the lips?" Apparently, Victoria had to think about it for a whole hour before she told him "no". Why anyone would want to kiss her on the lips when she was 9 is beyond me! Fast forward......11 years. Victoria is now 20. A couple of months ago she was telling me that she wished she had a house of her own, a yard for dogs and gardens. I told her that she wasn't going to have that kind of life anytime soon - she needed a good man first. And then.....a thought came to me! I contacted the family in Tennessee to see if their son was still single and what he was doing with his life. I hadn't heard from them for about 6 years. They would have a lot of common I thought. Both are from families with 7 kids, their dads are in the newsletter business, they have grown up with animals and were home schooled. So, I made plans to go visit another friend in Nashville, and asked Victoria if she wanted to come along. She said yes - so the plan was in motion. (She didn't know I had talked to the family) They ended up seeing each other when we were out there - 3 times. It was pretty much love at first sight!! They even talked about the toilet paper incident! A month of 3 hour long phone calls. Another trip out there for her in August. Another trip in September - and now he is here for 4 days. He wants to talk to Bruce about something. I wonder what that's all about??

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joann- I had to comment on this post because I have some vivid memories of Victoria around 9 years old and none of them would entice someone to want to kiss her! :) Hehehe.... It is kind of fun to play matchmaker, especially when it all works out for the best. Tell Tori congratulations from me!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete